What in the world?!

Two huge things happened just now.

1. I missed my flight to Berlin by my sheer stupidity in not checking my flight time.

2. I was picked up off the side of the road by Wally and taken back to Belfast.

Let me explain #1. I have booked a lot of flights for this trip so I have a general idea of when and where each departs and arrives. This general idea obviously didn't cut it. It cost me 70 dollars to reschedule the flight, and it doesn't leave until Saturday (two days from now). I weighed the options of paying over 200 to get a flight out today, but it really isn't that important that I get in today. After shelling out the moneys, I started thinking of ways to shave off expense so that it wouldn't break my budget. I decided to walk back the 20 some odd miles to Belfast and enjoy the beautiful weather. I got about 3 miles away when I realized that I really didn't have any reason to go back to Belfast. I decided to camp out for two days because there is lots of countryside between the airport and Belfast.

However, about 5 miles out Wally stopped and asked if I wanted a lift. I told him I was going to Belfast and he said that would be fine. We talked a little on the way and I told him about my couch surfing experiences so far. I think we're to number 2 by now.

Wally is a 50 year old guy that is obviously a mover and a shaker. He says that his job is just generally to be a guy that can get stuff. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Wally stopped by me after I finally asked God to work things out (maybe mile 4). So Wally happens to live next to Austin (the guy that rented me the bicycle for a week) and says that I am welcome to stay with them. Incredible! I went from homeless to provided for again in like 30 minutes. I am currently at Wally's girlfriend's house, and he'll be back to get me to take me to his place that he hasn't lived in for like 6 months in a bit. It's almost normal to be in these situations now. Ha, I am very thankful to God for providing Wally and Wally for providing housing.

Comments

oh bill,

praise the good Lord on high! i wish i was there experiencing everything with you. just so you know, i DO read your blog daily. it brings me so much joy! i miss/love you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Whew

Already

Tired