It's almost never dark

As I'm sure a lot of people know, the sun goes down over here at literally 10 pm. So when I was camping out two nights ago the sun went down then and the full moon came up at 10:12 pm. The only period of complete darkness was from like 4:30 - 5:00 am. Incredulous.

The couch surfer last night was super hospitable. She even paid for me to see an awful movie. Ha, it was called Paradise Lost, and it was about these travelers in Brazil that get trapped and cut open to steal their organs. At the end I asked her if she was trying to imply anything. She said no. I still have my organs.

My bike is being serviced at the moment due to a bad cassette. I know, I know. Everyone has been there.

I still have more than three weeks left on my trip. It feels like three separate trips all in a row, which is how I would like to do things from now on. It makes each experience feel more important because I only have 5 more days. Hopefully you understand.

Thanks again for the prayers. Today is the first rainy day. That's fine, though, because the last two have been more than I could ask for. The roads here aren't ideal for biking given that there are absolutely no shoulders or even pavement past the painted lines on some of the roads. But everyone driving seems to be nice enough to get over a little while passing.

Someone honked right as they passed yesterday, and it scared me a little. Then I saw that they had a bike rack on their car with a bike. I guessed that they were honking to say, "Hey, cool." But it seems they should have waited a second after passing. Ah well.

Panniers are a very good thing. I will invest.

An update on texting.... I think it costs extra money over your regular texing account to send them overseas so you can go here... http://sms.vodafone.cz/?locale=en I guess you can put my number in there for the sender and recipient. I'll play around with it and get back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew

Already

Tired