Day Two (Spongbob)

Well, I learned a few valuable lessons yesterday.

1. Belfast is not a temperate paradise. However, the Lord has fixed me up with some sunshine today. I had planned to begin my biking adventure today, but the more I thought about it after I woke up the less it seemed like a good idea. It worked out for the best, though, because the bike I was going to rent needed some work.

2. Don't spend money when experiencing jet lag. It seems I spent a lot of pointless money yesterday compared to my usual miserly expenditures. This is especially true when money costs twice as much.

3. Don't drink alone. Ha, don't think that I am a drunk. I went out last night to buy a Guinness in an Irish pub simply for the experience. This experience turned out to be less than exciting. I went first to a bar called the Kremlin just because the name is cool. I was greeted by a lady at the door asking if I had been there before. After I said no she asked if I knew it was a gay bar. I said, "No thanks." Her and the guy at the door laughed. I wanted to find a fairly authentic pub. The one I went to was opened in the early 1800's. I guess it has passed its glory days. It was just a few old guys talking among themselves. Oh well. I tried.

4. An update on my cell... Because of the time difference, if you want to call me it will have to be between 8 am and 4 pm CST. Text messages are also very welcome at any hour. The phone # is in the last post.

Comments

David S. said…
So did you end up getting the Guinness or not? It's wonderful stuff but I hear there's nothing like one in Ireland...even my friend Damian said they taste different in England. I think the brewery is in Dublin actually at St. James Gate.
Billipo said…
I guess I have to reply to comments in here. I did get the Guinness, but it's not all that enjoyable to just sit by yourself and drink a pint. Last night was much more fun with company. Yeah, my friend that I made yesterday had been to the brewery.

Popular posts from this blog

Whew

Already

Tired